Follow up on virus hoax message

Paul K. Dean wb9hgz at charlottesville.net
Wed Jan 30 17:41:10 EST 2002

All -

I've received dozens of posts stating that the recent virus alert is a
hoax.  I figured most of you probably don't want your in-box flooded by
these messages.  K1TLV has offered to provide anyone who might have deleted
the file with help in restoring it.  I've copied the information below.
Thanks, John.

Also, thanks Murray for the quick follow-up upon learning of the hoax
nature of your post.  Appreciate that you did that!

A couple of members have suggested that in the future, I confirm with the
poster that they have verified any virus alerts posted here before
releasing to the list.  The consensus is that most would like to still see
them. Some mentioned the list is often their only source of such
information.   I will take that suggestion and do just that.

Thanks for all offering to help and thanks for your understanding.

John's message:
This is a hoax!! Before any messages are forwarded it would behoove all to
go to:

  http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/sulfnbk.exe.warning.html

If you have indeed removed the file, contact me and I will forward it to
you.

John Diefenbach, K1TLV
Mason, NH