Heath Flying Machine

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jul 11 21:59:14 EDT 2002

The design was known as a "parasol" design, like the
old "non-rain" umbrella (or "bumber shoot" in England)
that ladies used to prevent sun from getting on them
causing "freckles" on their faces.  The second
definition in my old Webster's Seventh New Collegiate
Dictionary, copyright 1963 (used it in college) has to
do with a parasol airplane.

I "kinda" remember a photograph of the original
designer / company owner sitting in a Heath Parasol in
the front of a Heathkit catalogue around 1960.

Also, I think that there were at least two models,
maybe more, of the Parasol.  The one in the old
photograph was a bit more "tubby" in the fuselage
design.

Glen, K9STH

--- FRED HOLNAGEL <w7prv at TELEPORT.COM> wrote:

Named the "Paracell "(sp?) due to the way the wing
attaches to the fuselage.

=====
Glen, K9STH

Web sites