Strange Signal Alert??!!

Sandy, W5TVW ebjr at I-55.COM
Sat Jul 20 18:11:15 EDT 2002

Hell0 All,
Please listen up on HF.  I am getting a signal that sound like someone
using AMTOR or PACTOR generating white noise spurious signals.
They seem to peak out around 14 and 15 Mhz. but I can't find any
signal that matches the timing of the noise.
Is anyone else hearing this?
Signals on the hambands seems weak to non existant.  I
suspect a solar blackout or partial one at least.
I have seen other funny and wierd signals during severe
ionospheric blackout events in the past, this may be the same.
Makes me always question my equipment!!  I was hearing strange overloading
phenomena on my Hallicrafters SR-400's receiver as well.

Anyone else having trouble today/last night?

73,
Sandy W5TVW