SB301 Restoration---

Keith Harvey keith.harvey at SYMPATICO.CA
Mon Jul 22 19:36:19 EDT 2002

Hi guys.. in the middle of the restoration of a nice SB301 the power just disappeared..
Chasing all possible causes I checked the obvious (fuse), switch wiring, transformer windings etc.
After some headscratching found that the little spring in the fuse holder had collapsed from corrosion,
causing intermittent flow thru the fuse. A quick fix was a compressed spring from a ball point pen until
I can dig out another one from the junk boxes not yet unpacked from a move.

I have seen many wierd things over the years, but this is a new one I thought I would pass on.

73
Keith VA3KRV