Way off topic, but maybe someone can help

Neil Morrison neilsmorr at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 25 11:43:25 EDT 2002

Your local library should have an electrical code book for your
state.
In the back you should find tables which let you figure this out.

Basically, assuming one 'pair' is a ground, and the two cable sets
are run in one conduit, you have 4 current carrying conductors.

You need to figure out the type of cable, and the conduit they are
in, and check the max current per cable. Multiply by two to get the
max current for your app.
Don't forget to figure the voltage drop also.

Be aware that using ground rods instead of a grounding conductor is
often a code violation. That in turn leads to voiding your insurance
and acquiring considerable personal injury liability. It might be
worth trying to find an electrician locally to at least advise you.

BTW, If the generator is 220, how will you get 110 from it for your
loads?

Regards,

Neil