DX-100, plus a cool QSL card idea

Larry Knapp kc8jx at YAHOO.COM
Sun Jul 28 19:01:41 EDT 2002

Brian - Interesting....Well, any of the three would be a worthy addition to a
station...especially if it is an AM one.  Not too impressed with my DX-100B on
CW.

Since I have a DX-100B, I'd have to say I'd rather have the B version....did
not have a DX-100 as a novice back in 1961 so I'm enjoying just being able to
use this great transmitter now & then.  I like the advantage of the tuning the
way the 100B has as opposed to the 100 with stepped loading...and the
availabilty of the open hatch on the cabinet.  In any event, they are just
ablout the same elctrically.

73, Larry KC8JX

--- Brian Wood <brianmwood at EMAIL.MSN.COM> wrote:
> So, if you had a choice of a DX-100, DX-100A or DX-100B, assuming you could
> find one in good shape, which would you buy? I'm tempted to go with the
> DX-100 since it is what I used back in the days of yore. (Funny thing is, I
> didn't use it all that much -- it was in the high school club station, and a
> friend brought one over for me to use for a while. Must be the fact that it
> made such an impression on me as a new Novice.)
>
> I imagine that the loading cap mod would not be as critical today as it was
> back then, so perhaps the thing wouldn't arc so badly when connected to a
> nice 50-52 ohm load. But the old lady is hard to find in excellent shape.
> And the DX-100B's improvements are probably worth having. Exact match for
> sentimentality, or better performance...tough choice. If it matters, I do
> plan to put it on AM and actually use it. It's not strictly for collector
> use.
> Brian, W0DZ

=====
May your days be full of sunshine and good thoughts fill your head.
From: Larry Knapp, KC8JX, St. Joseph, Mi  49085
  Best 73's

http://health.yahoo.com