Apache and Mohawk dial drum overlays

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Sat Jun 1 13:29:57 EDT 2002

Last fall several Apaches and a Mohawk came into my
posession.  Of course, all of them had broken dial
drums.  Thus, I was forced to develope new dial drums
for these.  Within the past few days I have come up
with suitable adhesive backed paper to enable these
overlays to be produced and used in a fairly easy
manner.

They are opaque, and not translucent as are the
original drums.  However, they both look and work
fine.  The material that I use for the drum itself is
1.5 inch diameter "tail pipe" PVC from the home
improvement center.  This is the same outside diameter
as the original drum.  All you have to do is to cut it
to length.  The price for a tail pipe is usually less
than $2 at Home Depot, Lowes, etc.

I can also provide a complete drum assembly if you
don't want to fabricate the PVC yourself.

For more information and pricing, go to

http://home.attbi.com/~zcomco

The Mohawk overlay is available in two versions:  The
original and one with the 12 meter band indicated as
well.  For a simple modification to the Mohawk
receiver for 12 meters please see the article on the
web site.

Thanks

Glen, K9STH

=====