HP Diodes - Matched Quads

Allen Jones w9dz at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jun 3 21:11:44 EDT 2002

I received 50 HP diodes that I ordered from Brad
Thompson, AA1IP.  He is the fellow that was selling
matched quads a while back.  I bought them to replace
the diodes in the balanced modulator of my SB-401.

As was mentioned here a few days ago, todays
manufacturing techniques are so good that it isn't
really necessary to buy matched sets.  Using my Fluke
77 in the diode test mode the first four I checked all
had forward voltage drops of 360 mV.

Allen - W9DZ

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com