I stand corrected

Steve Smith sigcom at JUNO.COM
Wed Jun 5 15:17:55 EDT 2002

A week ago or so, someone was inquiring about a replacement meter for the
AT-1.  I responded and said that those meters were made by Shurite.
Someone else responded to my post saying that they were made by EMICO.
That is correct.  The original AT-1 meters were/are EMICOs, as far as I
can determine and the DX-20/35 meters were/are Shurites.  The EMICOs
mount with a "U" shaped bracket and the Shurites mount with screws
through each side of the meter's flange.

I also mentioned that those meters occasionally turn up at hamfests/swaps
and sure enough, the following weekend I bagged a DX meter!  But those
doggone AT-1 meters are very elusive, HA!

Ah, what fun!

Steve