new project --amp keyer

mike bryce prosolar at SSSNET.COM
Thu Jun 20 22:02:22 EDT 2002

from the basement files of wb8vge comes a new summer project

the amp keyer

unlike the harbach (?) softkey the amp keyer is a stand alone unit

it will interface ANY radio to ANY amplifier

so your HW-12 will key a Dentron GLA1000 or your brand new Ten Tec Jupiter
will key up your SB 200 with out cooking the Ten Tec rig.

The amp keyer will provide THREE keyed outputs

1. 5 amps (yup!) at 400 DC to ground, positive to ground using a power
mosfet
2. 100 ma grid blocked to ground
3. 2 amp at whatever to ground, relay operated and can be user defeated if
you really like keyed for silent running

and the interface between the radio and amplifier is opto coupled. A beam of
light connect your radio to the amplifier.

built in universal power supply can be operated for any ac/dc supply from 10
to 25 volts. automatic polarity selection for dc input.

All plug in connections, all on a single sided PC board about the size of a
playing card.

PC board being laid out now. Board to be supplied by FAR CIRCUITS

Cost of the amp keyer?

Between $25 and $30 for the kit including PC board and parts. You furnish
the cabinet. PC boards only? About $5 + shipping

NOT taking orders just yet, as I don't know how far back up Fred is at FAR
circuits.

And here all this time you though I was mowing the grass!

Mike Bryce WB8VGE
SunLight Energy Systems

http://www.seslogic.com
http://www.theheathkitshop.com