hp13a transistors

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Sun Jun 23 21:47:59 EDT 2002

The problem with replacing germanium transistors with
silicon is, among other things, the polarity.  You
basically have to reverse everything.

Suitable replacements are fairly readily available
since General Electric used basically the same
transistors in their MASTR Professional type 2-way
radio units.  I know that I have several new, in box,
replacements for the GE transceivers left over from
when I obtained the spare parts for a self-maintained
two-way radio system for a very large utility company.

Also, Motorola used the TO-3 germanium transistors in
the Motrac series and they are readily available as
well.  Have a few of them around as well.

Glen, K9STH

--- Dave Larson <dlarson at BROOKINGS.NET> wrote:

Has anyone tried converting this power supply to use
silicon transistors?

=====
Glen, K9STH

Web sites