D-104 question

Gerald C. Lemay w1id at FCGNETWORKS.NET
Fri Jun 28 08:24:10 EDT 2002

There will be little discernable difference in the sound quality between a
ceramic and crystal element. The crystal element does have more output and
more highs but for all practical differences either one will sound good.
I've had both types. While the crystal element may have impedance i  the
meg Ohms the ceramic should be in the hundreds of K Ohms. The ceramic
element tends to be more durable in that it can take extra heat and
vibration such as a mobile environment. That's why you find most of the old
mobile radios using ceramic elements as opposed to crystal.