FS Comanche RX

Mike Morris WA6ILQ morris at COGENT.NET
Fri Mar 8 02:31:19 EST 2002

Back on January 6th I posted the following:

>With the recent discussion of Apache's, Mohawks and
>Warriors, I have a question...  A friend has a very dusty
>Comanche (yes, I looked closely) sitting on a shelf in
>his garage, and I'm pretty sure I could have it for asking.
>It's real dusty, has a little rust along the center of  the
>cover edge, but with some cleanup would probably
>be a 8, maybe a 9 in cosmetics.
>I do know that it hasn't been powered up in at least
>15 years, maybe 25 years.

In reply, Glen Zook <gzook at YAHOO.COM> posted:

>The Comanche receiver, and its companion transmitter,
>the Cheyenne, was introduced in 1959 for mobile
>operation.  It covers 80, 40, 20, 15, and 10 meters.
>
>You need a separate power supply and speaker to use
>this receiver.  It has a variable BFO (its successor,
>the HR-20, had a two-position crystal controlled VFO).
>There is a fairly good i.f. filter (crystal filter).
>
>The Heath HP-20 or any of the HP-23 series will "run"
>the Cheyenne / Comanche without any problems.  Also,
>you can build a simple power supply for the receiver
>with little effort.
>
>Glen, K9STH

I now have the RX in hand. It appears complete, no major
dings, all the knobs appear to be the originals, just the
little bit of rust along the cabinet edge above the center
of the front panel. Since I have no way to power it up
or test it I am selling it AS IS.
The owner and I are going to split the $$ 50/50.
Shipping will be actual costs from 91007.
I will borrow a digital camera and shoot a few pics over
the weekend and send them out to whomever wishes
them.

Mike