SB-301 and SB-303 questions

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Thu Mar 14 17:15:48 EST 2002

In my opinion, the SB-301 is a much better receiver (I
have owned two SB-301 and one SB-303).  The SB-303 has
a much higher background noise level and is much more
"prone" to overload from strong signals.  Also, it is
harder to service (the extender boards are almost a
complete necessity to have - most of these are "long
gone").  Because of the high internal noise level, the
SB-303 is not quite as sensitive as the SB-301, and
the SB-301 has a much better intermod, "front end"
overload, etc. performance.

Glen, K9STH

--- Mark Graalman WB8JKR <wb8jkr at JUNO.COM> wrote:

I'm looking for any comments on the SB-303 as far as
just how good a receiver it is or isn't, and maybe
even
how it compares to the SB-301

http://sports.yahoo.com/