SB-301

Gareth Gammon ggammon at QLYNX.COM
Fri Mar 15 22:14:29 EST 2002

Good morning,

After reading all the great comments about the 301, I think
mine must not be performing as it should. I have no
complaints as to sensitivity or selectivity, it does great,
( I have worked my share of dx with just my G5RV) but the
audio quality is quite poor compared to other receivers I
have on both cw and ssb. My HW-100 has far clearer, sharper
sound. I have never heard another SB-301 so I don't really
know what they should sound like but I am assuming it should
be at least as good as the HW-100. Many of the tubes read
between 60 - 70% on a basic tube tester. Would a set of new
tubes help?  Any ideas would be appreciated.

73
Gareth VE7CGG