SB-301 audio distortion problem

Harvey Mitchell hmitchell3 at HOUSTON.RR.COM
Tue Mar 19 09:17:09 EST 2002

Greetings,

I have an SB-301, which for the most part works quite well.  The problem is
on stronger signals there is distortion in the audio.  I can minimize it by
either reducing the audio or RF gain, but obviously something is amiss.  It
makes no difference where the AGC is set, off, fast, or slow has the same
effect (none).

Any ideas?  I really like this receiver and need to get it right so I can
start on the SB-401!

Thanks,

Harvey Mitchell, K5YU
Seabrook, TX