Testing for grid current on sb-200

Peter A Markavage pmarkavage at JUNO.COM
Wed Mar 20 03:04:51 EST 2002

With the Harbach soft key mod, this is the voltage you will see on the
relay key jack. Leave the mod in. You don't need to add an outboard relay
to key the relay in the SB-200. It's approx. 1 volt and low current so
the newer solid state rigs can easily and safely key the amplifier. I can
use my Icom 706 to key the SB-200. My TS-830 and my C. E. 100V are also
used with the SB-200. The soft key makes the SB-200 far more versatile
with a lot more transmitters and transceivers. If you feel that somehow
the soft key is part of the problem, contact Jeff, at Harbach
Electronics. I'm sure he can shed some light on this issue.
Pete