Heathkit SB-201 amp question??

TJLee tlee at WCOIL.COM
Thu Mar 28 07:45:56 EST 2002

Can anyone tell me the use for the little aluminum box pop rivieted to
the back panel of the SB-201 amp.  It is connected to pin 2 on one of
the tubes and also to lug 6 of the wafer switch for the band selection
coils.  It is notused  in the SB-200 amp.  I assume it is some type of
rf filter for preventing use of the amp on 10 meters.  Does it hinder
the operation of the amp??  I am completely rebuilding this amp due to
faulty workmanship and poor construction techniques.  I do not have a
manual here for the amp but I do have one for the SB-200.  Thanks in
advance for any help.

73 Ted N8GPQ