Fw: Removing minor blemishes from plastic

Greg WB8NGA Greg at BOWSER.COM
Thu May 2 18:35:10 EDT 2002

I just used this method on the plastic face of a IM-28 VTVM and it almost looks like new.  I wish
that I had taken pictures both before and after as the meter face had several scratches on it.

Just wanted everyone to know that it works.

Thanks John,
Greg W8NGA

To those of you who need a method of removing minor scratches blemishes from clear plastic dials,
etc., take a small amount of auto finish compound on a cotton cloth (DO NOT use paper towel). In a
circular motion, rub the affected area, extending slightly into the adjacent areas. Do this for a
minute or less, let dry and wipe clean. For more stubborn blemishes repeat the process.
Avoid doing this on lettered or marked surfaces unless precautions are taken so as not to remove
these letters.
I prefer the more liquid compound to the paste-type.

jd, K1TLV

John Diefenbach, K1TLV
Mason, NH