Fw: Removing minor blemishes from plastic

john page n8blb at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri May 3 10:10:16 EDT 2002

    Actually, most of use have the ideal plastic polishing compound right in
our bathroom. Thats right, its toothpaste. Dont laugh, it does work as it is
a very fine polishing compound. I have cleaned up many a watch crystal and
many, many meter faces. Recently used it to take a scratch out of the dial
cover on a NC-173. Try it. Not only will the meter look good but it will
have freash breath to :-\----John

>To those of you who need a method of removing minor scratches blemishes
>from clear plastic dials,
>etc., take a small amount of auto finish compound on a cotton cloth (DO NOT
>use paper towel). In a
>circular motion, rub the affected area, extending slightly into the
>adjacent areas. Do this for a
>minute or less, let dry and wipe clean. For more stubborn blemishes repeat
>the process.
>Avoid doing this on lettered or marked surfaces unless precautions are
>taken so as not to remove
>these letters.
>I prefer the more liquid compound to the paste-type.
>
>jd, K1TLV
>
>John Diefenbach, K1TLV
>Mason, NH

John Page K4KWM