MOVs (was: Transformer update)

rayfri rayfri at NETWORLD.COM
Sat May 4 23:04:47 EDT 2002

 IT LIVES!!!   power supply back to full operation..... 13.6 volts output.
I just cut out the MOV, put in a fuse and reconnected the voltage regulator
board and it came alive.  Reason I'm so excited is because this power supply
had
been thrown on the junk heap because of the belief the transformer was gone.
Thanks again to all who offered comments, suggestions and solutions.
Just gotta call Astron monday and see if I can buy a couple MOV's ... one to
replace this one, one to have as a spare....
Ray  wa7itz