heath tuner Faq

Keith Rowland k4kgw at ATTBI.COM
Tue May 7 20:32:24 EDT 2002

The SA-2500 tuner, which is in daily use in my shack. is not a remote tuner.  It
sits right next to your transceiver in the shack.  What he is describing is
something that is operated from the control position, but which is located
(presumably) at the feed point, and which is tuned remotely from the control
position.  Heath may have made something like that, but I am not aware of it.
Although that's the ideal way to do it, because if the tuner is at the feed
point, it's a real tuner, and not just something that matches the transmitter
output to the shack end of the feedline, it's very difficult to accomplish in
real life, because of the physical problems attendant on having a tuning device
at the actual feedpoint of the antenna.

(Probably more than any body wanted to know!)

Keith