Help

Glen Zook gzook at YAHOO.COM
Sun May 19 14:09:28 EDT 2002

The Craftronics CT-120 was a short-lived production
transmitter manufactured by

Craftronics
920 Shulman Avenue
Santa Clara, California

That was advertised in QST in the early months of
1962.  It was rated at 120 watts CW, 80 watt AM phone
(input power) and ran a pair of 807 tubes as the final
amplifiers.  It used screen modulation rather than
plate modulation (lower power, not 100% modulation, as
the result).  The pi-network matched 30 - 600 ohm
impedances and it covered 80 - 10 meters with a
built-in VFO.

Original price was $189.00 "f.o.b. Santa Clara,
California" and had a shipping weight of 40 pounds.
Came completely wired with tubes but less crystals,
key, microphone.  The cabinet dimensions were 15.75"
width x 8" high x 9.75" deep.

Other than that, I have never heard of one!

Glen, K9STH

(I know, no one likes an "educated donkey")

--- Phaseuth Arun <phaseuth at ATT.NET> wrote:

I just pick up a Craftronics Model CT120 CW/PHONE(AM
or SSB?) transmitter. Can't find any info on this rig
at all on the web. Is anybody know or heard about this
rig?

=====
Glen, K9STH

Web sites