HW-101 Balanced Modulator Diodes

Gerald C. Lemay w1id at FCGNETWORKS.NET
Wed May 22 08:52:53 EDT 2002

They migght have been 1N5711 if memory serves me correctly. Modern
manufacturing techniques are such that you don't really have to have
matched quads. The application in the Heathkit balanced modulators as well
as the SB-303 product detectors are not very demanding. The schottkys will
improve carrier suppression and reduce distortion in the SB-303. A
worthwhile modification.