AT-1 Heathkit

Steve Smith sigcom at JUNO.COM
Sat May 25 22:22:16 EDT 2002

I'm fairly certain that both the AT-1 and DX-20/35 meters were built for
Heath by Shurite.  Unfortunately they do not share the same scales nor
basic meter movement.  Also the DX and AT meters are physically
different.  The DX meters are larger in diameter and mount  to the front
panel with machine screws on each side of the meter's face.  The AT meter
mounts with a "U" shaped piece of metal which is attached to the meter's
terminals and wedges it against the front panel.  Both the DX and AT
meters measure the grid current directly and use a shunt for the plate
current measurement.  Sadly, onne of the first things to "go" on an AT-1
is the meter.  They -are- still out there but fairly rare.  I have more
AT-1s than I have meters for them, sigh.  Occasionally a Shurite meter
will surface that has the proper dimensions for the AT-1 and can be
"re-scaled" (thank goodness for computer graphics software and optical
scanners, HA!)  Good luck in your quest.

73.......Steve Smith, WB6TNL
Oxnard, CA  USA
"Snort Rosin"