HW-101 dial drive slippage

rayfri rayfri at NETWORLD.COM
Mon May 27 00:18:24 EDT 2002

Ed:
i dont think the second part that you mentioned is a problem i'm having.
the frequency is very stable on mine...   the only problem i'm having is about
the same as the other guy mentioned.   when i turn the dial knob, there are
several places where the knob will turn, but the dial mechanism won't.  The
frequency won't change either when this happens.  the knob just turns, and after
several revolutions, it will "grab" again and the frequency dial will move for
about
half a turn maybe, then stop again until I go through several more rotations... so
essentially it takes about five dial turns to get the dial mechanism and frequency
itself to change any significant frequency change.
     i have tried the suggestion of taking the tuning knob off, and loosening the
nut and pressing down (I think I was told downward push) to tighten the
mechanism...   There was no appreciable or noticable change....
Ray  wa7itz