HW101 dial drive rebuild instructions

CyberGeezer cybergeezer74 at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon May 27 15:32:35 EDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "john" <johnmb at NC.RR.COM>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Monday, May 27, 2002 9:14 AM
Subject: HW101 dial drive rebuild instructions

[snip]
>         Doing it the second time I'd think about 2 hours from start to
finish
>         should do it. The "spread spectrum" effect comes from poor contact
>         from the little spring clip on the rotor, to the frame.
[snip]

Hmmmm.....   I know what "spread spectrum" is, but I'd not heard of the that
effect vis-a-vis a HW-101--  could you elaborate?

>         It's easy to get the vfo back in if you saved the BEST PRODUCT
>         heath ever invented...the little red nut starter!

Yeah!!  I was so happy to recently come upon mine again, after doing without
it for years.

Thanks a LOT for the instructions!  I will perform the procedure, but not
until after I fix my problem with C421A (see the accompanying post "HW-101
erratic on 80 and 40 meters".)

73 deW2GERry