Need HM-102 help

Dennis Norton dnorton1 at ROCHESTER.RR.COM
Thu May 30 00:27:10 EDT 2002

Hello again. I recently acquired a HM-102 wattmeter. All 3 germanium diodes were shorted. These are Heath number 56-20 which are 1N295. Both the Heath number and the 1N295 cross to an ECG or NTE 109 germanium diode. I have a bunch of little glass germaniums of different part number that all cross to ECG or NTE 109's....BUT--they do not all measure the same forward junction resistance. Some measure as low as 5-7 ohms, and some measure as high as 40 ohms. Does anyone know which resistance is correct??  Thanks....Dennis Norton    W2DJN