Estate items

rayfri rayfri at NETWORLD.COM
Fri May 31 21:10:02 EDT 2002

Folks:
I've agreed to help a local widow dispose of some of her husbands gear.
She'll take what I consider to be bargain prices, because she isnt
interested in
dragging things out or going for the big bucks.
I've talked with her and explained that I can post it on the reflectors
and probably
get it sold rather quickly, or I could Ebay it and it would take a bit
longer, and
it might not even move, although I'm sure it would.
She's not interested in dragging out the process or raking in big bucks,
but would
rather get what she can and get it in the hands of those who would
appreciate it.
So I can haggle a little, but seeing as she's a widow, I think we should
be reasonable.
While I have not tried these on the air because there wasnt any way to
do so at
the home, I can tell you a few things about each piece.  I can tell you
that
her husband was an electrical engineer and took good care of the
equipment
if physical looks are any indication...with the exception of a few minor
scuffs here
and there, this stuff looks like it's only a couple months old instead
of their real age...
I will personally package them for shipment.
     1-  Hallicrafters SX-117 receiver.  Asking 125 dollars plus
shipping.
     2-  National NC-173 WITH the matching National speaker.  The
speaker is
the big one in size.  about the same size as the speakers that were made
for the
Hammarlund receivers.  It has the N in the center of the speaker cloth.
Asking 150 dollars for the pair, plus shipping.
     3-  Galaxy 5 transceiver WITH the matching speaker/power supply.  I
talked
to another ham who told me that he had heard this rig on the air and it
sounded
great.  Asking 115 for the pair plus shipping.  Comes with original
manual too.
     There are also some miscellaneous things like microphones and
manuals
that I'll list later, but wanted to get the big items moved for her as
quick as possible.
     I am allowed to do a LITTLE bit of dickering, but if you ask me
these are
bargain prices for this equipment for the shape they are in.  I'd buy
some of them
myself, but I just dont have space in the shack....
Ray  WA7ITZ