Lacing cables?

Tue Nov 5 19:56:33 EST 2002

There are a number of fairly common lacing techniques.  I don't know where
it can be found now, but the usual material was some thread coated with
a wax.  I don't know if that would be allowed now in wiring.

On google.com
Try
lacing wiring wax thread

and see what the first PDF file looks like.

The handbook doesn't mention the start of the lace, but you will see that
in the PDF file.

If you don't find it, let me know and I will send the URL.

73,

Dave

Gerald C. Lemay wrote...

> How do you do it? The 1954 ARRL handbook shows an illustration but it
> doesn't show how you start the lacing pattern. I have a bundle of wires I
> want to keep together and it seems lacing might be a good way to do it. I
> don't want to use tie wraps or spaghetti because this is a boatanchor
> project. Can anyone point me in the right direction of which publication I
> should be looking into?
>
> Gerry W1ID

> To post - HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV

David R. Wilson  WB4LHO
World Wide Network Services
Nashville, Tennessee USA        Need QSL cards?
david at wwns.com                  http://store.wwns.com/lz1jz