SB-300/301 and SB-610 question

Mark Graalman WB8JKR wb8jkr at JUNO.COM
Thu Nov 7 14:09:18 EST 2002

  For anyone who has used the SB-610 monitor scope
with the SB-300/301 receiver, what is typically the
amount of coupling required to the I.F. strip for monitoring?

 My friend is using a 20 pf capacitor on the plate of the
last I.F. tube and with everything peaked the deflection
on the CRT is just useable. The deflection is much better
with the AGC off. The 301 is in fine working condition, the
610 we're not sure. Is the 610 really that "deaf" or should he
look for a problem in the 610? The 610 IS set up for the
3395 I.F. frequency.

73,  Mark WB8JKR