Heathkit Bama download frustrations..why?

MIKE SOUHRADA wb9iog at REVEALED.NET
Thu Nov 14 22:52:59 EST 2002

Malcolm Leonard wrote:
> I have so many frustrations with downloading Heathkit stuff from Bama that I am about ready to call it quits.Latest problem is trying to download the Heath HD-20 manual.

> Sometimes working,sometimes not and quite often working partially ;typically, after I have already downloaded part of something the rest won't download.
> I am using Win 98 with IE 6.0.I do not have download problems on any ther site that features schematics for free,nor do I have computer problems in general.What is it with Bama,guys?
Well that's the internet for you.
I have absolutely no problem downloading the HD 20 with Windows ME and
Netscape 7.0.
Possibly you need to read the front piece of the BAMA site that mentions
the other software "**.djvu" I never use it but there are two ways to
get that data.
Also, I've mentioned this when another was having trouble with the site.
Pay no attention to the first line that says there is some error.
The data is loading and takes a short while. Try and save the page in
your document file then view it.

The 404 error I didn't get.
Win 98 isn't the best operating software BTW, neither is XP , but I like
the ME version.
If need be I can download and sent what you need can't be very large.

Mike
Iowa