SB 200 Output

Ron Notarius WN3VAW wn3vaw at FYI.NET
Sun Nov 17 20:05:17 EST 2002

Thanks to all that replied to my low output only on 80/75 problem.

Special thanks to both WB6WCW and N4NRW, who both suggested that I look at
capacitors C26 & C27 (which are only switched into the output pi filter on
80/75).  Fortunately, I have a "parts" amplifier, so if those are the
culprits, I should have "spares."  Surgery tentatively scheduled for an
upcoming evening this week!

73, ron wn3vaw

'If tin whistles are made of tin, what do they make fog horns out of?'
-- from "Does Your Chewing Gum Lose It's Flavor on the Bedpost Overnight?"
Lonnie Donegan, SK, 4 November 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron Notarius WN3VAW" <wn3vaw at fyi.net>
To: <HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV>
Sent: Saturday, November 16, 2002 11:20 PM
Subject: SB 200 Output

I have unusually low power output on my SB 200 on 80/75 meters.  100 Watts
drive gives me ~700 W out on 40-15 (my rig doesn't give me 100 out on 10,
that's another story) but only 120 W out on 3.5 MHz, 200 - 250 W out on 3.8
MHz, and 300-350 W out on 3.99 MHz.

I had it open to put in new finals a few days ago, and no change, so I don't
think it's the tubes going soft.  Any suggestions on where to look next?