SB osc coil slugs

Dennis Norton dnorton1 at ROCHESTER.RR.COM
Fri Nov 22 21:21:02 EST 2002

Hi folks--I have a SB 102 that has some broken tuning slugs (ferrite cores)
in the het osc and rf coils below the chassis. These ferrite cores are 10-32
thread (about .179") diameter, 3/8" long and have a .080 hex hole thru for
the alignment stick. Does anyone have a source for new or good used slugs,
or have coils, or a coil board from a parts unit. which coil is not
important-I believe the slugs are all the same. The coils in the SB 401
should have the same slugs. The closest I could get commercially was Surplus
sales, except their 10-32 slugs were only 1/4" long and I believe the mass
of permeable ferrite is very important to the coil Q, thus 1/3 of the core
length missing would not be a good thing.

Appreciate any words of wisdom, thanks  Dennis Norton  W2DJN