DX-100 grid current flicker

Brian Wood brianmwood at EMAIL.MSN.COM
Tue Nov 26 20:11:57 EST 2002

Drat. I think I foound it. The 2.5mH choke going to the plate of the 5763
driver is bad. The .0000000000001" dia. wire at the top has come undone and
the ceramic base broke off of the mounting screw as I tried to examine it.
Pretty amazing that it worked at all with intermittent voltage on the plate
of the 5763. Must be the osmotic framtibulator that Heath designed into the
thing.

I suppose any old 2.5mH HV RF choke might work in there, but I will also try
to fix it and glue it back together. If somebody has one, that'd be nice.
It's P/N 45-14.

Brian