NC-270

Brian Wood brianmwood at DIRECWAY.COM
Sat Nov 30 23:41:47 EST 2002

Thanks to everyone who helped me figure out what the problem was with the
DX-100 grid current flicker. Turned out to be the 47 pf loading cap on the
final grids. Bob, W3CD gets the prize for that one.

I'm now working on my National NC-270. The receiver has a lot of hum in the
audio. I don't know if this is normal for a boatanchor receiver, since hum
was something we just lived with when using ac filament power, if I recall.
But I thought I'd ask if anyone on the list has an NC-270 and could tell me
if they have noticeable hum when the audio gain is turned down. I also have
a fair amount of microphonics from the two audio stages (6T8 and 6CW5). A
three-prong cord helped a little, but not enough. I also added 3 big filter
caps to the supply, and that had no effect. Would appreciate any ideas. AS
this is off-topic, please reply off-list.

73,

Brian, W0DZ