HR-1680

Fred Wittman wittfa19 at EARTHLINK.NET
Thu Oct 17 17:03:33 EDT 2002

I've tinkered with a 1680 that I picked up from eBay, it was beset with intermittent problems, almost all of which were solved by removing the boards and cleaning the fingers.  I did this trial and error, using no-ox, alcohol, sand paper (fine grit) and even a pink pearl eraser.  First question:  Anyone have a method they've tried and perfected for such a problem?  Second question:  With this 1680, there is a noticable degeneration in audio quality (the base disappears) when the function switch moves from LSB to USB, and no change at all from USB to CW.  My hunch is that it's miswired.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.  Also, many thanks for the schematics, to all who answered my request.

Fred Wittman