Have another Cantenna question

Multi-Volti murray at MULTI-VOLTI.COM
Sat Oct 19 11:22:36 EDT 2002

These are definitely for RF, but it was the non-inductive wirewounds I was
disparaging for RF.

I think these are relatively costly compared to wirewound, but don't know
for sure.

I think but am not sure the Heath Cantenna one is 30 W.

I had heard those resistors don't like overheating, but 350 C doesn't sure
frail.

Oh, well.

Maybe the website refers to website and distribution.

Another alternative that would require ingenuity would be Caddock or EBG
power film resistors. Dale might make some too. For example, Caddock has a
50W TO-220 resistor that I think is good to 500 MHz.

Now, TO-220 dissipating 50W means it needs some serious heatsinking. Maybe a
fat finned heatsink dropped into the oil would suffice, if the old resistor
simply sat in the oil...it does have larger surface area to conduct the heat
to the oil.

Caddock I think will sell direct, but there might be a minimum order, and
maybe 50 ohms is standard enough to hope some exist already.

Murray