Heath product with 120/240 slide switch instead of diff. wiring

Garey Barrell k4oah at MINDSPRING.COM
Mon Sep 2 12:00:56 EDT 2002

Murray -

I have seen quite a few pieces of equipment with switchable 120/240
primaries.  The key is to have some sort of mechanical lock on the switch
so it cannot be switched (or nudged) inadvertently.  Usually this takes the
form of a metal plate that is screwed to the chassis that blocks movement
of the switch without removing the plate.

The Drake PS-7 power supply uses two slide switches and has a metal plate
with two holes.  If you put the plate on one way the switches levers have
to be in the 120 position and if you put it on the other way the switches
have to be set for 240.

73, Garey - K4OAH
Atlanta