SB-401 crystal pack

Gareth Gammon ggammon at BCGROUP.NET
Fri Sep 6 21:15:00 EDT 2002

Help! How many crystals make up the 401 crystal pack? Someone told me it should be 10 because it includes two crystals from the underside of the chassis.  Someone else told me that the 401 won't work if the two from the bottom of the chassis are removed and the pack only includes the 8 crystals on the top of the chassis. A look throuqh the  manual showed only one crystal being installed in the middle position of the 3 sockets and only listed one in the parts list.

So, Heathkit gurus, which is it, 8 or 10 crystals?

Again, many thanks for your help.
73
Gareth

Gareth Gammon