Heath LMO question

Mark Graalman WB8JKR wb8jkr at JUNO.COM
Mon Sep 9 11:16:37 EDT 2002

  Can anyone tell me if the small slug tuned transformer on top
of the LMO in the 401 and 301 should be tuned for maximum
LMO output at say 5.25 Mhz?
 I have a friend that has a 401/301 combination that works
fine in every way except when the 401's freq control is in the
unlock position he gets about 100 watts output, but when its
in the locked position (transcieve) the 401's output drops to
about 5 watts. The cables have been changed, and it made no
difference. I'm wondering if the transformer on the 301's LMO
needs to be tuned to compensate for the presence of the RG-62
LMO cable going to the 401 from the 301.  Suggestions?

Mark  WB8JKR