High Screen Voltage

Carl C. Miller Jr bugmarx at EV1.NET
Sun Sep 15 12:38:20 EDT 2002

Hello All,

I have a problem similiar to the gentleman which posted concerning his IG-72
audio generator. I am working on a non-Heath receiver and the screen
voltages on the RF amp, and both the first and second IF amps are about
50-60 volts above normal. The plate voltage is a little high but not
extremely so. I checked the screen dropping resistors and they are within
specs, but there is not much of a voltage drop across them. So, obviously
there is not much current being drawn. What effect would this have on the
sensitivity of the receiver, performance etc.? The receiver seems to work
okay, but not quite as sensitive as it should be. Could it be that contact
is not good at the tube socket or could there be some other problem? As
always, any help appreciated.

Carl KA5KAB