Problem Solved

Richard Bidwell rfb100 at CUISP.COM
Mon Sep 16 10:46:00 EDT 2002

Hi  --  To all those who provided suggestions, taken together they solved my problem with the IG-72 audio generator.  It turned out to be two problems - both due to defective NEW (?) parts.  (Message here for me - test all parts before installing).  Even though all the tubes showed OK on the tester, when I replaced one of them, things immediately got better.  But it still showed less than perfect performance.  So then by checking actual cap and resistor values, I found that a newly installed bypass cap was leaking.  It wasn't completely shorted but it wasn't perfect.  So I replaced it and all is well.  Thanks to everyone who helped.  I now know where to come when the next problem comes up.   :  > .   Cheers, Dick B.