IP-17 question

Don Peterson Don at D8APRO.COM
Thu Sep 19 17:56:32 EDT 2002

The "IPW" denotes a "wired" version of the IP-17.  There wasn't much difference
between the kits sent to Canada and those kept here in the states.  There were
some of the "walkie-talkies" that had a completely different model number for
the Canadian market, but that was due to the different regulations there.

Heath used the "W" to indicate that a "kit" was actually "factory wired".  I'm
not sure why they had both the "SP" and the "IPW".  You'll see that in some
of the scopes as well.  I have an IOW-4510 and also and SO-4510.  The only real
difference is the name on the front panel sticker is "SO-4510" and the other
is "IO-4510".  The blue sticker on the "IO" says it's an "IOW-4510".

Don
****** Forwarded Message Follows *******

Greetings all -

I recently purchased an IP-17 hi-voltage supply.  On the back is a silver
sticker that says built in Canada for the Heath Company.  First curiosity
is I thought the factory built units were "SP"?  Then, I looked that the
"blue sticker" and the model number is IPW-17.  Does the "W" denote a
Canadian model, or is there some other significance?

Thanks, all.

73,
Paul, wb9hgz