SB100 help

Ray Friess rayfri at NETWORLD.COM
Tue Sep 24 00:51:27 EDT 2002

Need some advice from the group here.
Here's the story....
I have an SB 100.  Seemed to be modulating okay till the last few days,
now some reports of distortion in audio and I have to turn the Level
control up way high to show output when I am modulating and the meter
switch is in relative power position.  And I have to practically have to
yell or whistle loud to get meter to move
now.
When I put it into tune... and meter in relative power position and tune
controls
for maximum as required...  I seem to get good meter indications as to
power output.
I can peak with the preselector and final controls as manual recommends.

However... when switch is put in grid position to measure grid
current...  ZILCH.
When put into ALC position and I talk into mic... manual says meter
should peak
near the top of the ALC scale on meter.   I get ZILCH.  no meter
indication.
     Weak driver maybe?  Weak modulator tube?    Help me guys and
gals...
Ray  WA7ITZ