Amp. & Preamp.

Jack Crenshaw jcrens at EARTHLINK.NET
Wed Apr 9 00:59:37 EDT 2003

The amp should bring at least $250, if it's working and all the tubes
are correct.  The preamp is nice to have -- they were really good little
units -- but they're only worth about $20-30.  They're real common on
eBay, whereas the W6M is a rare bird.

Word has it that back in the 70's, when everyone was switching to solid
state, smart people were buying up all the tube amps and shipping them
to Japan, where they brought big bucks.  At one time, there were
virtually no W6M's left in the US.  I have several W5M's and a couple of
W7M's, but haven't gotten anywhere near the price of a W6M.

Jack