WTB or info: HW-8 L13 (80M Mixer Amp Tank)

Bob, WB2UJD BobbyTrip at AOL.COM
Mon Apr 14 22:11:54 EDT 2003

Thanks to everyone that responded regarding my HW-8 VFO cap and dial
inquiries.  The VFO cap I will be buying from OEP, and the dial I can likely
scan and doctor up.

Now, upon giving the main board it's well needed "bath", I discovered that
the Mixer Amp Tank coil for 80M is missing (L13).  I would like to find and
obtain one of these, however, I should be able to make something if I had to
by resonating a coil/cap to the output frequency since this is at the
transmitter mixer output.  So the question is:

Anyone have a parts HW-8 parts rig or parts with a 80M tank they would be
willing to part with?  Or:  Could anyone tell me the gauge (approximate) and
number of turns on the original for creating a replacement?  I have an HW-101
parts rig I might get an appropriate form and core to start with.

Thanks again and 73,

Bob, WA2T