BAMA site

Malcolm Leonard radiorepair at MINDSPRING.COM
Sat Apr 19 18:19:08 EDT 2003

Hi,
There is a page of special instructions at the Bama site covering several
situations that prevent or interfere with downloading.I had a terrible time
with Bama at first but finally worked my way through  all the problems.

It does not work well with some versions of some browsers,and in some cases
you have to download a separate FTP program in order to access Bama.

Furthermore,it works poorly when busy and I have been told that on top of
all the above restrictions, it has some built-in hiccups that may foul you
up even  under the best of circumstances and even if you do everything just
right.

Generally,DJvu is excellent.with print quality similar to PDF,but that
factor depends partly on how the information was uploaded.Some contributors
have done uploads that print out absolutely beautiful on my cheap $79.00
printer,while other uploads using Djvu print out kinda lousy.I suppose it
depends on the scanner,resolution,etc used by  the guy who did the
uploading..
Anyway,Bama (while very often very helpful)can be problematical and that is
a fact beyond doubt as testified to by many people on this list and several
other other lists as well.
I suspect you can work out your Bama problems if you hang in there and keep
fighting.
Malcolm Leonard