40m and 80m bands in SB-200

oh8jep apo at KOTINET.COM
Mon Aug 4 01:53:27 EDT 2003

Hello again!

Based to my tests and experience with my SB-200
it seems to me that there is too less capacitance
in variable load capacitor in 40m and 80m
Is that true? Does anyone has the same experience?
There is that additional 500pF capacitor in parallel
in 80m position,but seems must be more,and also for 40m
must be too some value additionally,is that normal?

I can not tuneup to the tip those bands,loading capacitor must be in maximum position,and anyway seems it needs more. I have not modified the tank-coil in any mode.

Amplifier works well also in 40m and 80m when input position is correct and not loosing due to loose wafer. No arching in any mode.

73's

Aatos OH8JEP