Fw: GI-7B tubes in SB-200

oh8jep apo at KOTINET.COM
Thu Aug 14 08:49:14 EDT 2003

How much current  output is possible from SB-200's
original HV transformer,so that it is not geting heated abnormally?

----- Original Message -----
From: oh8jep
To: HEATH at LISTSERV.TEMPE.GOV
Cc: apo at kotinet.com
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2003 3:45 PM
Subject: GI-7B tubes in SB-200

Hello!

Has anyone tried to rebuilt SB-200 working with russian 2xGI-7B triodes
they are very cheap (much more cheaper than 572B tubes) and based to parametres
better tubes than 572B? Naturally it needs separate filament transformer if those tubes used.

I can not push out from my SB-200 with Cetron 572B (not new tubes) more than 450W average,is more even possible?

Best 73's

Aatos OH8JEP